Saturday, January 25, 2014

Busy Bee Card

Ok, before I get going on this card posting, I have to put in a disclaimer.  I saw a card that used the Bug Me stamp set and thought it was the cutest idea I'd seen in a long time.  I knew I had the set so I got all the cardstocks assembled and cut, started out stamping, then went to find my bug set.  Oh my!  Talk about frustrating!  I figured out I've actually had the set on my order several different times and then kept taking it off when I needed something else more.  (you know how you really can't afford everything you'd like to buy!!)  I'd done this so many times now, that I really did think that I already owned it.  How funny was that?!  So I rummaged around and struggled to find another bee stamp that would fit the card and went back to stamping.  Ok, now that the stage is set, here's the card......

Stamps:  Six-Sided Sampler, and random retired bee
Ink:  Stazon Jet Black pad, Basic Black and Daffodil Delight markers
Paper:  Whisper White and Basic Black, with Brights Designer Series Paper Stack
Accessories:  Hexagon Punch, 2 Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter



This card is so bright and happy-looking that I thought it would be perfect for the kind of January we've been having this year with record cold temperatures and lots of snow.  Doesn't it make you feel the sunshine even though it's 6 degrees outside right now??  It was easy to punch the honeycomb-looking hexagons to go with the bees.  What I need to figure out is how to tell exactly where the bottom 2 punches are so I can easily line up the one punched down from the top.  Maybe I need to invest in the Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die in the Occasions Catalog and see how that would work with this card idea.  That'll be on my next order.  (or maybe the one after that - giggle)

The coloring on this was so simple - just use the Daffodil Delight marker to color in the bee's bodies, then dot in the 'flight line' for each of the bees with the Basic Black marker.  The finishing touch is adding the Dazzling Diamonds on the bee's wings to make them shimmer in the sunlight. 

There you have it - a super quick, 10 minute card.   That's all for today.  One more class card left to share with you.  Hopefully that one will get posted on Sunday.  That's the plan anyway.  We'll see how that works out!  Hope you're enjoying your weekend,   Sharon

No comments: