Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Flowers and More Flowers

Who says I don't need any more flower stamps?  Certainly not me!  Of course I needed to get the new Petite Petals flower stamp and the coordinating flower punch when the new Mini Catalog came out earlier this month!   Who doesn't love flowers especially when there's a punch to match so you don't have to cut out any accent flowers you want to use?!  That's almost a no-brainer for me!!  Last night my hostess club ladies made this card - well, at least the 2nd version of it.  After making the first card, I thought it needed a little more contrast, so came up with the 2nd version.  I'll share both with you so you can see the difference.

Stamps:  Flower Shop, Petite Petals, and Really Good Greetings
Ink:  Crisp Cantaloupe and Calypso Coral
Paper:  Whisper White and Crisp Cantaloupe
Accessories:  Pansy Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Calypso Coral Baker's Twine, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, and Dimensionals

This is the first version of the card I made.  I only used the Calypso Coral ink on the sentiment.  All the flowers were stamped with Crisp Cantaloupe ink.  Even with popping up the flowers, it still looked a little boring to me.  Soooo.....
On the second version, I added some of the flowers with Calypso Coral ink.  Right away there was more contrast and interest to the card.   It's interesting what the addition of just a little darker ink can do to a simple card.  This version is much more visually appealing.  I like making monochromatic cards using just one ink color, but this needed an added boost to suit me. 
Hope you like the card idea today.  With the freezing tempuratures and more snow predicted, I thought a little spring floral was a good idea.   Hope you're staying warm and getting some time to stamp.  Since Sale-A-Bration started yesterday, I hope you have time to check out the deals.  Remember for any $50 order, you can choose one of the Sale-A-Bration items for free!  And who doesn't love free?!  If you're having trouble ordering on-line, feel free to email me at sharoncarr50@mgail.com  I'd be happy to help you get your order placed so you can get your free goodies!  Have a happy day...   Sharon

No comments: