Monday, January 27, 2014

Peaceful Petals

Have you seen (or used) the new Peaceful Petals stamp set from the Occasions Mini Catalog that just came out?  Oooh, I just love it!  Yeah, I know, I've got plenty of floral stamps, but this is just too pretty to pass up.  Go on, take another look at it and think of all the gorgeous cards you could make with these stamps.  Ok, now check out the first card I made with this set.



Stamps:  Peaceful Petals and Thoughts & Prayers
Ink:  Stazon Jet Black, Calypso Coral, Early Espresso pads, and White Craft ink
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, with Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  1/4" Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Sponge quarters, and Dimensionals
There are two things I love about this card - the absolutely gorgeous Watercolor Wonder DSP, and the stamps used.  Love the line-art stamps in the set, and the sentiments included in the set too.  (as you can see, I chose some other words to use on this card though)  The DSP prints in the Watercolor Wonder set are all lovely - soft and dreamy.  I can't wait to use each of them.

Now, about the total card...  To be honest, I wasn't sure I would share this card with you tonight, or actually at all.  I had seen something on Pinterest that caught my eye.  It was similar to this, but with major changes.  The one thing I didn't change was the layer of black cardstock behind the main layer.  When it was finished, the black looked so dark and overpowering.  Maybe just a little too much of a good thing.  But as you can see, here it is and I haven't figured out what I want to do to change it.  Or if I want to change it at all.  What do you think?  Maybe a layer of black between the card base and the DSP layer??  Or just pull it apart and start over with a lighter main image altogether??  Guess I haven't been getting in enough creative time in lately and I'm second-guessing myself way too much. 

That's it for tonight.  If I write anymore I just might scrap the whole thing!  I'll have some goodies to share with you soon.  'night - Sharon

No comments: