Friday, January 24, 2014

Watercolor Tag Card

Here's the next card the ladies made in January's class.  I know I saw several cards that were similar in the last couple weeks on Pinterest.  I was doing some surfing when I was down and out sick and wasn't really paying attention.  Just filing the colors, layout, or whatever caught my eye, and just let it all percolate til needed.  So anyway, here goes....

Stamps:  Happy Watercolor
Ink:  Crisp Cantaloupe, VersaMark
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Gold Foil
Accessories:   Heat Tool, Gold Embossing Powder, Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Gold Baker's Twine, Watercolor Wonder Washi Tape, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals 
 
This card epitomizes feminine to me on so many different levels.  Starting with the colors - love, love, love that Crisp Cantaloupe, Vanilla, and all that gold together.  Oh, yummy!!  And any card with all those different types of gold is going to look really rich and over the top.  I got to use the Gold Foil paper, gold embossing powder, and the 3 new gold Watercolor Wonder Washi Tape prints.  Don't you just love them??  They add so much soft elegance to the card.

Next, let's talk about the stamp set - isn't it great?  I love having the sentiments added to the set so you don't have to look for another set to work with it.  And the ...happy... sentiment can be used for so many different types of cards.   The 2 flower choices in the set are both pretty line art that can be stamped plain as I did here, or can be watercolored very easily.  I know this is a set I'll be reaching for very often!

Lastly, the tag and butterfly punches make it easy to add embellishments to this card.  Have you seen the new Tag Topper punches?  They're great and you can make your tag any length you need to fit whatever you're making.  Now, that's handy.  Then I punched out 2 butterflies to embellish the card from the center of the gold foil layer.  Since you can't see where I punched them out, you'd never know if I didn't tell you.  All that lovely paper is just wasted behind the next layer, so why not make use of it?

Ok, that's it for this card today.  I'm going to get a head start on tomorrow's post by doing it now and schedule the post for tomorrow.  So make sure you check back soon!  Thanks for stopping by - Sharon

No comments: