Sunday, January 26, 2014

Versatile Strawberry Slush Card

Today's card is another one that has a springtime feel to me.  I love the Strawberry Slush color - it's just the right amount of warm pink.  It reminds me of popscicles (or a Strawberry Slushie) on a hot summer day.  If it wasn't so cold out today, I might even wish I had one!  Then add the Baked Brown Sugar into the mix and it's like a cookie to go along with the slushie for a snack.  hmmm, must be getting on supper time if I'm talking food here!  Ok, let's get this show on the road and see what we've got today...

Stamps:  Love You to the Moon, Hello Lovely, and Yippee-Skippee!
Ink:  Strawberry Slush and Baked Brown Sugar
Paper:  Whisper White and Baked Brown Sugar, with 2013-2015 Designer Series Paper Stack
Accessories:  Big Shot with Arrows TIEF, Chalk Talk Framelits, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, and Dimensionals
I love the new Arrows embossing folder.  It's a good versatile background generally, and when you want to emphasize an arrow on the card, it's just perfect. Plus it's fun using new toys, I mean tools.  The arrow comes in handy to emphasize a special word or sentiment on your card.  In this case, I wanted to emphasize 'you'.

The dotted ribbon punch coordinated nicely with the dotted DSP to tie those in together.  And I liked the Taffeta Ribbon kind of tying the whole card together.


Here's another version of the card using the sentiment from  the Yippee-Skippee! stamp set to make a Valentine card.  I've also done a version using the 'make a wish' stamp from the Perfect Pennants stamp set and another using the little cake stand from the Best of Birthdays stamp set.  It's fun seeing what different stamps will fit into the Chalk Talk Framelits die to easily change the card to fit what you're looking for.

Ok, I need to get started on supper.  It's that time of day and for some reason I always like to eat meals.  Hope you've had a blessed and relaxing Sunday.  I'm hoping to do a little more stamping this evening so I've got more ideas to share with you.  Happy stamping, Sharon

No comments: