Sunday, March 23, 2014

More from the Flower Shop

Do you ever get hooked on a stamp and keep grabbing it every time you sit down to stamp?  My passion seems to run to florals and certain ones in particular.  The Flower Shop and Petite Petals stamp sets are my go to sets right at the moment.  I've used these two sets, either together or singly, for so  many different cards that I'm losing count.  They are just so easy to whip up a cute card with that I can't help using them over and over.  Today's card is similar to ones I had seen on Pinterest that I really liked, so I had to make one too.  Here's my version of a popular style of card...

Stamps:  Flower Shop, Petite Petals, and Peaceful Petals
Paper:  Crumb Cake and Whisper White
Accessories: Petite Petals Punch, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Paper Snips, and Dimensionals
I love the idea of cutting around the top of the stamped image to make the front of the card shorter than the back.  It's just gives an interesting visual appeal for me.  The hardest part was remembering to stamp low enough so it would work out right.  I ended up cutting another 1/4" or so from the bottom edge of the white layer to bring it down far enough to make me happy.   I'm sharing a couple extra shots of the card just to show how the different layers really stand out on the finished card.
 To give more interest to the flowers, I stamped the larger flower 3 times before reinking for the 4th flower.  I liked the differing shades much better than all the same color across the line.  The Petite Petals stamp was fully inked each time it was stamped though.  And as you can see inside the card, I stamped it first onto the Crumb Cake, then added a punched flower on top.  There's just something wonderful about a flower stamp that has a punch to go with it!!  Seems like flowers really love to be layered and the punches make that so easy.

Yes, I really love all of my flower stamps, but some I seem to love just a little bit better than the rest.  lol   The ladies that are part of my Hostess Club saw this card and wanted to make one too.  So this is one of the projects we'll be making this Tuesday.  I'm sure they'll want to make other versions of this card once they've made the first one.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope you're enjoying your Sunday (or whatever day it is when you're reading this). I just have to tell you how wonderful it was to get away to the ladies' retreat yesterday!  Very insightful, enjoyable, and uplifting.  There's just something special about taking time away from the usual and digging into God's Word and will for your life with friends (some old, and some new that I just met).  It's energized me to get on with my life with joy and appreciation for all He's given me!  Have a blessed week.....   Sharon

No comments: