Thursday, March 27, 2014

More from the Flower Shop

Yep, we're back at the flower shop again.  I really can't seem to leave this stamp set alone.  Again I've paired it with the Petite Petals stamp set and a few other goodies to round it out.  I keep hoping that spring really is right around the corner here.  No matter what the calendar says, when it's freezing or below outside and there's snowflakes fluttering around, it's not spring yet.  So here's my happy spring-colored version of these stamp sets in action.  Maybe it'll prod the weather outside to play nice and get warmer!

Stamps:  Flower Shop, Petite Flowers, and Delightful Dozen
Ink:  Primrose Petals, So Saffron, Blushing Bride
Paper:  Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding, Garden Green, Primrose Petals, and Raspberry Ripple
Accessories:   Big Shot with Hexagon TIEF, Circles Collection Framelits, Little Leaves Sizzlit,  Pansy Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Tea Lace Doilies, Glue Dots, and Dimensionals
 I really love adding the Tea Lace Doilies (or parts of them) to my cards lately.  They give such a delicate, old-fashioned look to a card with very little effort.  For this card, I just cut one of them in half and attached it to the Pistachio Pudding layer.  I thought about adding a ribbon at the cut edge, but really didn't like any that I had on hand, so I went without.  This look reminds me of a lace tablecloth hanging over the edge of the table and all you can see is the side of it.  So we'll just go with that idea!

After adding the stamped flowers and the die-cut leaf sprays, it still needed a little more contrast in the colors used.  After trying out several different ones, I tried the Raspberry Ripple Itty Bitty flowers and they were perfect.  Just enough contrast without overpowering all the more pastel flowers.  Don't you just love having so many colors to choose from that it's easy to come up with just the right one for any need?!

Ok, that's it for today.  Still hoping for spring around here.  I think I'd even be happy if the temperatures got up into the 40's!  So longing for some sunshine!!  Have a fabulous day.  If it's cold where you are, try bringing a little spring into your life by stamping!  It's sure to cure those winter blahs!  Sharon

No comments: