Saturday, March 22, 2014

Another Easter Card

I promised yesterday that I would share another card using the Blessed Easter stamp, so here I am again.  This one again is pretty quick to make when you have the pieces of DSP sitting on your worktable already cut and just sitting there waiting for me to come up with an idea.   So here goes.....

Stamps:  Blessed Easter
Ink:  Stazon Jet Black, Pink Pirouette, Strawberry Slush, Wild Wasabi, and Pistachio Pudding
Paper:  Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding, Pink Pirouette, and Strawberry Slush with Wild Wasabi paper from Subtles Designer Series Paper (ret)
Accessories:   AquaPainter
Today's card uses a mix of pinks and greens that look really fresh and sweet.   I had all these pieces of dotted Wild Wasabi DSP that has been retired sitting on my desk from another project.  Since I still had all this leftover, I figured I needed to start using it up because I'm running out of space for it all and can't keep buying new without using the old!  I just cut some up into rectangles to give a tiled effect to the background.  Just a little different than a full layer of DSP.

I again used a watercolor technique to color the tulips.  I started with a layer of Pink Pirouette ink on the flowers then added light touches of Strawberry Slush ink to add contrast and depth to them.  The leaves are painted the same way with Pistachio Pudding first, then adding touches of Wild Wasabi ink.  Love how delicate it all looks.

Well, that's it for today.  While you're  reading this I'm soaking up some teachings at our church retreat today.  I'm expecting to come back tired but refreshed too!  Hope you're enjoying your weekend so far.  Remember to relax and find some time to stamp.  I find that's always a good way to refresh myself and it puts me in a good frame of mind.  Have a good day!           Sharon

No comments: