Friday, March 21, 2014

Blessed Easter cards

When the Occasions catalog first came out, I fell in love with a single, simple Easter stamp.   The tulip line-art is so pretty and the sentiment has a really nice font that fits it perfectly.  I liked it so much that this stamp was on my first order!  And yes, I have used it several times already, but haven't gotten around to sharing any with you yet.  Today, that problem is being rectified.  In fact, I will share a couple versions with you today and another one tomorrow.  Does that work for you?  Hope so, and hope you like these cards too!

 Stamps:  Blessed Easter, with Abundant Hope(ret) and Crosses of Hope(ret) inside
Ink:  Stazon Jet Black, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, and Garden Green
Paper:  Watercolor Wonder Designer Notecards and Envelopes
Accessories:  Pearls Basic Jewels, and AquaPainter
Don't you just love the look of the watercolor background on these notecards?  There are 5 different watercolor designs in the packet and they're all soft and lovely.  Of course, the oval inset on this first card is my very favorite and they've all been used up already.  I sure wish I could do the backgrounds myself as nicely as these are done.  But since I can't, I'm happy I can purchase them!!  Woo hoo to Stampin'Up!  for coming up with this product for us!!   Yay!

For the sentiment inside my cards, I dug out some of my retired SU! sets to use.  The sentiments come from the Abundant Hope set.  I lined them up on a large block with enough room in between for stamping the lovely cross image from the Crosses of Hope stamp set.  Together they work out perfectly for me.  No wonder I hang on to so many of my retired stamps!  (I just can't bear to part with so many of them!!)

This version of the card was made with the same stamps inside and out, but a different design from the Watercolor Wonder Designer Notecards set.  I still went with the yellows and corals on this card because there are a few background dots in those colors.  The Daffodil Delight Stitched Ribbon really brightens up this card!  Either version of the card works for me and I'll be sending them out to family in a short while.

Hope you liked these cards.  They're so quick and easy when you start out with the Watercolor Wonder Notecards.  They literally just take minutes to make.  Hope you find time to do a little stamping over the upcoming weekend.  I'll be attending a church retreat tomorrow that I'm really looking forward to.  It should be interesting and insightful.  Have a great weekend!     Sharon

No comments: