Friday, March 14, 2014

Little Lamb for Easter

I ordered this cute little Easter set called Eggstra Spectacular, then couldn't figure out what to do with it.  All the stamps in the set are pretty small, so I couldn't make something splashy and bright with it.  So it sat for a couple weeks.  :(  sooo sad...  Then I got an inspiration when I was sleeping and had to get up to make it right away!  Now that it's finished, I'm just tickled pink with it.  It uses several new items in the Occasions Mini Catalog that were not intended for the purpose I planned for them.  But that's what makes creating really fun!  Have a look and let me know what you think...

Stamps:  Eggstra Spectacular
Ink:  Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, So Saffron, and Pink Pirouette
Paper:  Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Whisper White, Calypso Coral cardstock with Sweet Sorbet and Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Papers
Accessories:  Big Shot with Word Bubbles Framelits, Starburst Framelits, Extra Large Oval Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Fringe Scissors, AquaPainter, Glue Dots, and Dimensionals
 Can you find all the items that were used?  The obvious first - the eggs were punched from cute pastel Designer prints with the Extra Large Oval Punch.  And it was just big enough to fit the little lamb and Easter basket stamp too!  The cloud was made from the puffy word bubble die.  I'm so happy I came across that idea.  Then the genius idea that woke me up in the morning was using the smallest Starburst Framelit die to make the sun peeking out behind the cloud.  It was just perfect in both size and shape!  Woo Hoo!!
 The new Fringe Scissors worked great to cut all those blades of grass and then I trimmed them at angles to make it more interesting.  The grass looked boring by itself, so it needed a few flowers growing added for spring.

There was very little stamping or coloring on this card.  The DSP prints and all the punched and die-cut pieces were all that were needed.  This card is going to be sent to my grandsons next month.  I think they'll like the little lamb for Easter! 

Thanks for stopping by to see what's new here.  It still looks like winter outside, but I'm trying to create my very own spring inside!  Enjoy!!
Sharon

No comments: