Thursday, March 13, 2014

Sweet Sorbet Sweetie

I'm having so much fun using the Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper that is one of the free items you can get during Sale-A-Bration.  This is a wonderful set of prints to make cards and other paper projects because they're so sweet!  Yes, it's very aptly named and is one of my very, very favorite items in the Sale-A-Bration flyer!  Today I've used just a couple 1 1/4" strips on the front of the card as a softly printed background.  Here's the card for you...

Stamps:  Mixed Bunch and Petite Pairs
Ink:  Calypso Coral, Pool Party, and Basic Black
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Pistachio Pudding, and Whisper White cardstock, with Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Big Shot with Decorative Dots TIEF, Little Leaves Sizzlit, Blossom Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Simply Pressed Clay and Buttons & Blossoms Clay Molds, Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon, Glue Dots, and Dimensionals
Whew!  It didn't seem like I had used so many items until I started typing them all out.  Most of them were already out on my worktable and were handy, so why not make the most of what's lying around, right?

I chose the flower color to match the DSP and added the stamped and punched center to give it some pop.  The flower still looked too flat for me so I added a little clay button that I had made.  It was tinted with the Calypso Coral refill ink so it matches perfectly. 

I used the Decorative Dots embossing folder to continue the dotty theme in the flower and DSP prints.  I think the background layers almost always look better with some texture added.  The Pool Party ribbon was added to make it look even more feminine.  There's really a lot going on here, but it all coordinates nicely.

Thanks for stopping in today.  Hope you're staying warm and toasty...  Tell me, is spring ever going to get here???  I feel like it's been winter forever - or almost!
Happy stamping,             Sharon

No comments: