Friday, March 28, 2014

Retro Fresh Word Bubbles Card

Today's card is moving away from the florals that I've been stuck on lately.  It's not that I've had enough of them, but figured you might be getting tired of them and wanting to look at something else for a change.  While meandering around on Pinterest, I found a card that was clean and fresh looking and I knew I wanted to CAS it.  Of course, I took the liberty to make changes as I usually do, but the finished look is quite similar to the original.   I wish I could give credit for this card, but I went back to find it and have no idea where I saw it!  If I don't save it somewhere, I find it impossible to track it down again.  So I'm sorry to whoever the originator was!!  It is a darling idea and I'm so happy I could give it a try.  Thank you!!!

Stamps:  Express Yourself
Ink:  Coastal Cabana
Paper:  Whisper White,  Cajun Craze cardstock, and Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper
Accessories:   Big Shot with Word Bubbles Framelits, Retro Fresh Washi Tape, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Owl Builder Punch, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals
 The first change I made on the card was using the Retro Fresh DSP for the top and bottom strips on the card.  The original card used the same washi tape as in the die-cut center of the card, but I wanted something a little different.

  I love the look of the glitter on the back of the washi tape peeking out of the die-cut image.  I had always used packing tape for that glitter technique, but this was a really fun change for me.

The original card also used the Just Sayin' stamp set for the sentiment, but I've been using a lot of get well cards lately, so I changed it up to something that would fit nicely into the word bubble die-cut.   I then chose to use Cajun Craze cardstock for the little heart because it was darker and a little more masculine looking in case this card was sent to a man.  I was looking for something sort of gender-neutral for this card, and I think it worked out ok.

This is just a fun way to use the Word Bubble Framelits and you aught to give it a try.  Can't wait to try these framelits on other things.  Remember the puffy word bubble that I used on the Easter card 5 posts back?  These little framelits are definitely fun to use and more versatile than you would think.  How about putting on your thinking cap and see what other ways you can think of to use them.   Then don't forget to let me know what you made!  I'd love to see what you came up with!!  Have a happy stampin' day!      Sharon

No comments: