Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Simple Christmas

It's good to have a chance to make a card for myself for a change. The past week has been devoted to planning cards to make for our soldiers. And while they're nice cards and all, most of them use retired papers and stamps. So you're probably tired of seeing ideas that really aren't available to you unless you happen to have those retired items. So this morning during nap time, I hustled to my stamp cave and made a card for me. I'm so tickled I get to share it with you right away!

Stamps: Christmas Collage

Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, River Rock, Very Vanilla, Old Olive

Ink: River Rock pad, and Always Artichoke marker

Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, Very Vanilla 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Pearls, and Mini Glue Dots



I kept the card clean and simple to showcase the Christmas Collage background stamp. This stamp is a little larger than a 1/4 sheet of cardstock, so you never get the full image unless you make a larger size card than usual. But there are so many fun sections on this background stamp that you can highlight with another ink color (or even use just that little part of the stamp). It's like having more than one stamp to play with!


When putting the card together, I tried several different ribbons and such to add to it, but nothing seemed to work. I happened to have the 1/4" strip of Old Olive just sitting there leftover from another card, so I laid it on the card and voila! It worked and seemed to pull it all together. So I put it all together and there you are! My first Christmas card for this year. Now how many more are there to make???? Aww, who cares - at least I got started!

Sharon

No comments: