Sunday, October 16, 2011

Falling Again

Oh, not me - I'm not falling. At least I don't think so! Instead, I'm talking about leaves from the Gently Falling stamp set that was used on this card. Have I mentioned how much I love this time of year? Well, yesterday was definitely not one of those fall days that I love so much. It was so windy outside it could almost knock you over. It would be called one of Pooh's blustery days I think. I was at a friend's house and we were sitting in the kitchen visiting. As we were talking, we kept seeing her heavy patio chairs go zooming across the deck. It was so funny! At first we thought we were seeing things and maybe her husband was playing tricks on us! But no, it really was that windy outside. Definitely a good day to be inside and doing a bit of stamping with a friend too!

Stamps: Gently Falling and Grateful Greetings

Cardstock: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla with Spice Cake Designer Series Paper

Ink: Crumb Cake, More Mustard, Bravo Burgundy

Accessories:2 1/2" Circle Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, Gold Brads, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals



You might be wondering why I chose to use Bravo Burgundy on the card as it's not one of the colors on the Designer Paper. Well, it's like this. I tried the outline stamp with Soft Suede, Early Espresso, and even Cajun Craze and none of them looked the way I wanted. This was the last color I tried and decided to stick with this one. It actually looks browner on the card than it does in the photo. Wonder why that is?


The addition of the outline stamp inked with Crumb Cake on the background was the perfect touch to give it some interest without drawing too much attention to it.

Well, hope you're enjoying your Sunday. After the bustle and bluster of yesterday, today's nice a quiet - just right for a Sunday afternoon. Have a great week and I'll be talking to you soon.

Sharon




No comments: