Saturday, October 8, 2011

Leaves of Gratitude

Last night it seemed as though nothing was going right and I ended up having a full-blown melt down. (sorry honey!) So I gave up and ended up going to bed at 7:30. I've just been too tired and stressed lately to function normally at all. Anyway, that's why I was up at 3:30 am finishing the card and now it's being posted at this unbelievable time of day (or is it still night, hmmm). Anyway, the card came together nicely finally and I'm happy to share it with you.

Stamps: Day of Gratitude, Falling Leaves, and Netting


Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Riding Hood Red, Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso, and Whisper White


Ink: Riding Hood Red and Lucky Limeade


Accessories: Big Shot with Houndstooth Embossing Folder, Scallop Trim Border and Corner Punches, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, and Dimensionals




I hope you can see the stamping on the raised portions of the embossed background. That technique gives the card much more depth to the embossing. Love the look and so glad I tried it!


I had tried different ribbons, brads, buttons, but nothing seemed to look right on the card. Lastly I just added the strip of Early Espresso cardstock and really liked that splash of dark to offset all the brighter colors.


Hope you like the clean and simple look of the card. Once I got some sleep, I enjoyed making it! Thanks for stopping by for a look-see. Have a great day!


Sharon

No comments: