Friday, October 14, 2011

Gently Falling Leaves

Hey there peeps! Glad to be back with another post. All's quiet in the grandson's room so maybe I'll get this post finished while he naps. At least that's the plan. We'll see how it goes. Today's card uses the fabulous Gently Falling stamp set from the Holiday Mini. I just love this set. I think fall is my favorite time of year with the crisp air, crunchy leaves on the ground, and the wonderful colors of autumn. So on with today's look at some 'colorful' leaves.

Stamps: Gently Falling and Grateful Greetings
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, More Mustard, and Very Vanilla
Ink: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, More Mustard, Crumb Cake, and Early Espresso
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Metallic Brads, and 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon



You really don't have to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to use these wonderful 2-step stamps, but on this occasion I did. This strip of printed paper that I made is really just a small part of the whole. I randomly stamped an entire sheet of Very Vanilla cardstock, then was able to cut portions of it to use on 10 different cards. This idea is called a "One Sheet Wonder" and makes it so very easy to make a good number of cards quickly.
The layout of the cards I made wasn't all the same as this one, and the layering colors I used weren't just these two that I used on this card either. But that's what makes this "One Sheet Wonder" idea work out so nicely.

By the way, did you notice that I added a few speckles onto the Crumb Cake card base? That's a quick way to fix a boo boo like dropping a stamp onto a totally finished card. Yes, that's what happened. The card was all done and ready for picture time. I was just cleaning up the last of the stamps when I dropped it right on the card. Yikes! Instead of throwing it away, I just inked up a little corner of a stamp with the Early Espresso ink and added a few more spots. Whew!! Now if I hadn't told you that was from a mistake, would you have guessed it?

Thanks for stopping by today. I can hear the munchkin grunting (instead of talking) over the monitor so it just a matter of time before he gets a little impatient with waiting for me. It's been a busy week with a workshop and classes going on, but the weekend looks a little more tame. So hopefully there will be another post or two on the horizon!
Sharon

No comments: