Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gently Falling Again

Goodness! I just can't leave this stamp set alone! It keeps calling out to me that Christmas can wait just a little bit longer and I can play with my leaves just one more time. Or maybe two, um, or even three more times. Who knows, I'm just not ready to move on yet!

Stamps: Gently Falling and Grateful Greetings

Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla with Well Worn Designer Series Paper

Ink: Not Quite Navy, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, and Early Espresso

Accessories: Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Big Shot with Square Lattice Embossing Folder and Scallop Squares Duo Bigz Die, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, and Sponge Dauber


Have I mentioned the Simply Scored Scoring Tool yet? Well let me tell you - it's simply fabulous! I can't tell you how many gate-fold cards I've made since getting this tool. It makes it so easy to do any scoring you need, whether it's just scoring the fold on a regular card, a fancy fold card, or one of the fan-fold paper medallions that are so much fun to make! This is one of the best purchases I've made in a long while! Hmmm, I wonder if SU! might come out with a certain addition to this tool (hint, hint) that I'd love to have. We'll just have to wait and see.


Back to the card now. I just love the Well Worn DSP with these leaves. I've used a couple of different prints from this paper pack with the leaves and different inks. All I can say is 'yummy'! So many great prints in this pack and they are perfect for those masculine cards you always need. It's a good DSP pack to have on hand.


If you look closely, you'll see the outlines of the leaves shows up rather lightly. I didn't add it until after the cardstock had been put through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. That way the details only showed up on the upper texture of the cardstock. I chose to use a Stamp-a-ma-jig to get them lined up just the way I wanted. And then adding the sponging over this just enhanced the detail of the embossing perfectly.


Hope you enjoy the latest in the never-ending usage of my Gently Falling stamp set. Yes, right now it's at the top of my absolute favorite stamp list. Wonder what's going to push it out of the top spot? You never know! Stay tuned for the continuing saga, blah, blah, blah.

Sharon

No comments: