Thursday, October 27, 2011

Last Halloween Card

Last night I finally finished up the last of the Halloween cards I'm sending out. Ladies in class made a version of this card earlier this month as one of the projects. It just took me a little while to get around to making mine up to send out. This card is pretty much copied from "Stampin' Success" which is Stampin'Up!'s magazine for demonstrators. They showed a card using the new Simply Scored Scoring Tool which I totally luv!! Of course I changed it so I could use what I had on hand to give me a similar look. This is the finished card...

Stamps: Batty For You and Grateful Greetings
Cardstock: Concord Crush, River Rock, Old Olive, and More Mustard with Brights Pattern Pack of Designer Series Paper
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Simply Scored Scoring Tool, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Paper Snips, Sticky Strip, and Multi-Purpose Glue


I just love the color combination of purple and orange. They are just perfect foils for each other. And the River Rock is a good accent color instead of either White or Vanilla.

I think I've mentioned how easy and fun the Simply Scored Tool works. Using the stylus does a great job of keeping the lighter weight DSP from tearing through when you score. I've found that using the smaller end for cardstock and the larger end for all your lighter weight papers works just right. This piece was scored every 1/4". For larger medallions, it's fun to score every 1/2" for a much more substantial piece like ornaments or extra bling for your gift packages. Just something to think about since Christmas seems to be just around the corner and creeping up fast. (now that's scary!)

Have fun putting the final touches on your Halloween decorations and costumes. If the weather is cooperating, we'll be joining our kids taking our grandson out for trick or treating this year. Doesn't that sound like fun? Spooooky greeeeetings! Sharon

No comments: