Friday, May 6, 2011

Vintage Balloons

Hopefully as this is posted we're almost at our destination in North Carolina. So looking forward to seeing family and having a great time! Ok, back to business. My daughter needed another quick birthday card again. Seems like all their friend's kids are having their birthdays right now! Since it was for a little 3 year old, I thought I'd dig out a real moldie-oldie from my stamp stash. I think this set first came out in 2001. But I still love it and it sure comes in handy for those last-minute cards she always needs!


Stamps: Birthday Balloons

Cardstock: Whisper White, YoYo Yellow, Only Orange, Brilliant Blue, and Green Galore

Ink: Only Orange, Brilliant Blue, and Green Galore and also Basic Black Marker

Accessories: Scallop Square Punch, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Ice Cream Parlor Ribbon (SAB)










I didn't realize this right away, but there's not a single current color on this card. Ooops! But it is a great way to utilize some of those retired colors up. And I always thought these bright primary colors were perfect for children's cards. Don't you agree?


And I always loved the look of these balloons. They're just the right size and can be any color you choose. Add a sprinkle of glitter, and you're ready to get to that party!


Now if you're checking, you've probably noticed that the ribbon has different colors than were used on the cardstock and ink. Yes, you're right. They aren't the same. But after deliberating back and forth with my daughter, we couldn't find any ribbon we liked better. So there you have it. Doesn't match, but in person it works quite nicely. I guess that means - don't be afraid to improvise. You never know what will work together until you give it a try. OK?


That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by again. I hope to have more ready to post while I'm away at a family wedding and then several days at a beach house right on the ocean. Hmmmm, now that's the life. Take care....

Sharon

No comments: