Sunday, May 22, 2011

Aviary Birthday

Good day to you this lovely Sunday. Today the sun was shining and the temps were balmy. I think we may finally get some nice spring days! It's been a long time getting here, but I was outside enjoying the day and very thankful for the nice weather for a change. Today I've used a new stamp set for me. It just came a week ago, but I've been wanting to get it since the catalog came out last July. About time to get it inked up and stamping, don't ya think?

Stamps: Aviary and Short & Sweet

Cardstock: Peach Parfait, Cajun Craze, Basic Black, and Whisper White with In Color Patterns Designer Series Paper Pack

Ink: Basic Black, Cajun Craze, and Peach Parfait

Accessories: Big Shot, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, 1/4" Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon, (Nestabilities), and Dimensionals







I don't know why the colors are so off on my computer. No matter what I did with my camera, the Peach Parfait looks like More Mustard here and that really isn't too wonderful. IRL the card is all peach and Cajun Craze with a splash of Black to make it pop. Hope you can get a better look at this on your computer than I can on mine! Sometimes this whole computer thing just drives me nuts!


Anyway, I wanted to mention my reasoning for choosing this DSP. I loved the long legs on the bird and the tall birdcage. I figured the stripes on the DSP would accentuate all the lines. But I didn't want everything to be straight lines, so I added the scalloped trim to break up the lines.


Hope you like the card. Thanks for checking in today. Have a great week...

Sharon

No comments: