Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Open Sea Ideas

Well, we're back in town and going a little nutty around here. This week is class week so that means people coming and going on a regular basis. Plus our sweet little grandson is turning one year old tomorrow, so I've been doing a little shopping for presents in my down time. Whew! But it's all fun and I'm lovin' every minute of it! Since most of the classes are finished now, I wanted to share another card the ladies are making. With Father's Day coming up quick, I chose to make a card with the new Open Sea stamp set and give them a choice of either Father's Day or birthday sentiments. Think everyone really liked this card. Hope you do too!

Stamps: Open Sea, Teeny Tiny Wishes, and Versatile Verses (retired)

Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Confetti White, with Nautical Expedition Designer Series Paper

Ink: Marina Mist and Early Espresso

Accessories: Cutter Kit, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, 1/8" Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon, and Dimensionals






Here's a shot of the detail on the card. I had seen ribbons layered like this and thought it would work nicely on this card. Don't you like the look?


I had decided against sponging the layers on this card, but still wanted it to look old and ratty. So as you can see, most of the layers all have some heavy distressing going on! The Cutter Kit really comes in handy for doing the distressing. Otherwise my fingernails would be a mess by now from doing all this roughing up!




I made two versions of the card. They're identical except for the piece of DSP that was used. Not really sure which one I prefer. As it was, some of the classes did the Cherry Cobbler version and some did the blue. Either version, this card is a knock-out. (yes, I'm so very modest too, aren't I?)









I figured you'd like to see the inside of the card too. It's very simple - no distressed edges, though I did consider that!! I've hung onto my old Versatile Verses set from years ago. So often one of the sentiments just fits the bill. (hey SU!, I really want more sentiments for inside of the card!!) Just added the anchor in Marina Mist for an accent and also for the envelope.


Everyone said this card was their favorite of the class. I know I liked it alot and hope you do too! Give it a try - even if you don't have a sailor to give it to!


Happy stamping. Thanks for dropping in to check things out. Stop by again soon. Hopefully I'll be getting more stamping in this week.

Sharon

No comments: