Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Build A Blossom Mothers Day

What a week it's been. More ups and downs around here than a roller coaster lately! But I guess that's the new normal at our house now. After the fun of the sump pump water disaster, things were semi quiet. Then I did some laundry. Now that doesn't seem like it should be cause for alarm, does it? But somehow during the last crisis the water outlet hose from the washer didn't end up back in the tub to drain. Instead it was sneakily hiding behind the washer. So when the water started draining, look out! There I was on my hands and knees sopping up 3 buckets of soapy laundry water. Now doesn't that sound like fun??? Then our grandbaby came down with an ugly yeast infection - we thought it was a diaper rash and were trying everything to remedy that. Oh boy, it sure looked like it hurt like crazy. But he's actually been really good about it all and hasn't been too fussy at all. Thank God for that! He went to the doctor on Monday and it's clearing up fairly quickly now. Ok, that's almost the whole week. And that would have been bad enough. But today my hubby came down with a queasy stomach (you know where that leads, don't you?) and a fever. He's been sick and running to relieve his stomach of all it's contents for the last 7 hours. Oh Yuck!! And we're supposed to be getting ready to go on vacation early Friday morning. Sure - what great timing!! Wonder what else is going to happen?

Oh, you actually came by for a card idea? Well, I wouldn't want to let you down now would I? I saw a similar idea several weeks ago before life got out of hand. I thought I'd bookmarked it to give the creator credit, but I've looked all over and can't find it. If it's yours, please let me know so I can add your link and give you credit. So sorry!!!!


Stamps: Build a Blossom, Four Frames, and Wonderful Favorites
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla with Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper
Ink: Always Artichoke and Baja Breeze
Accessories: Big Shot with Perfect Polka Embossing Folder, Decorative Label Extra-Large Punch, Blossom Petals Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, 5/8" Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals






Here's a closeup of some of the detail. I chose the polka dot embossing folder to mimic the dots on the DSP. The lines on this card were kept fairly clean and simple. Even with a lot going on with this card, I think it still looks very elegant. I wish I could tell you what I changed from the original, but I can't 'cuz I don't remember. Too many things have been going on and my brain has just gone on the fritz.

I've actually made another card that's similar for my daughter's 1st Mother's Day card. How wonderful it is to be able to give her a card this year to celebrate her being a mom!!! It's been almost a year already. Boy the time has sure flown by. In another week or two I'll be able to show you the invitations she designed for Carson's 1st birthday party. I think they turned out cute, but I can't share them just yet because I don't have one yet!!

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you like the idea and you find time to stamp too.
Sharon

No comments: