Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Another Masculine Card

It's grandbaby's nap time, so I'm trying to get a post in here quickly!! Seems like this month I've been pushing myself to make masculine cards, both for classes and for personal use. And last night was no exception to that. I've got another birthday coming up - this time for my brother. After fooling around with several ideas that just didn't end up looking the way I pictured them in my mind, (in other words, yucky!) I decided to go to a basic sketch that I've used often and go from there. After that it was easy and the card fell into place quickly. That's the card I have to share with you today.


Stamps: The Open Sea and Teeny Tiny Wishes

Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Basic Gray, Sahara Sand, and Whisper White

Ink: Basic Gray, Not Quite Navy, and Marina Mist

Accessories: Cutter Kit, Vintage Brads, Word Window Punch, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals





The Open Sea is one of my new favorite stamp sets to work with lately. The images are all nicely detailed and can work in any number of combinations. To have a masculine set I like as much as this one is almost a minor miracle! lol


Like I mentioned earlier, this is a very basic sketch that I've used over and over. The reasoning being that is if you're comfortable with a sketch, it's easy to choose the components that go into making up the sketch. I don't always use diamond shapes to fit onto the layer going across the card. You can use any shape that will work, circles, butterflies, flowers, etc.


Even though it's an easy sketch to work with, I think my brother will like the card and appreciate getting it from his sister that has a horrible memory for getting cards mailed out in time. If it goes in the mail today (or tomorrow!) he'll have it by his birthday. Hooray! I've managed 3 whole birthday cards on time this year. And I'm not admitting to how many of them have been late!!!


Thanks for stopping by. Hope you find some time to do some stamping today. If you're pressed for time, fall back on to one of your favorite sketches and make it quick. It'll give you a wonderful feeling of accomplishment that you got another card made for your own stash!

Sharon

No comments: