Saturday, May 21, 2011

Graduation Star

Today is one of those happy and sad days all rolled into one. I'm wishing I could be in Iowa right now watching my godson graduate from high school. He's had many challenges in his life, but he has a friendly personality and a bright future ahead of him. So instead of being there, I'm sitting here at home writing on my blog. After checking out all my options for getting to Iowa for all the festivities, I realized it just wasn't possible. (very sad!) But since I can't be there in person, I'm thinking of him and sharing with you the graduation card I made for him.

Stamps: Seeing Stars and Go, Graduate!

Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, Early Espresso, and Confetti White with Nautical Expedition Designer Series Paper

Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist Pads, with Cherry Cobbler Marker

Accessories: Extra Large Star Punch, (Small Star Punch retired), 1" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, and Dimensionals


I've chosen to use a star theme throughout his card, 'cuz he really is a star in my book. To keep it more masculine looking I added stitching lines on some of the punched pieces. The addition of a layer of the new Nautical Expedition made the choice of colors to use very easy. There's a stamped line-up of tiny stars across the bottom edge of the card. Also there's a medley of different star sizes stamped inside the card with Sahara Sand, and off-stamped Marina Mist and Cherry Cobbler. I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the card, but you can get an idea of what I did by looking at the side of the envelope shown above. It really finished off the card nicely by having the envelope and card match like this.

Hope you like this very patriotic idea. It could easily be adapted to 4th of July party invitations or a masculine birthday card. Thanks for stopping by today. Enjoy your weekend!

Sharon

No comments: