Monday, February 2, 2009

Tonight's the night...

I'm so excited that my fave ladies are coming tonight! I love my Hostess Club ladies - they're the bestest of the best! Our get-together really should have been last week Monday, but I was in the throes of that upper-respiratory infection/brochitis thingie I've been fighting the last couple of weeks. It really seems like forever though! Anyway, the club was post-poned for a week and they're coming tonight! Hooray! I have 2 projects for my ladies tonight. And because I'm tired of winter, they will be using Bold Brights as the basis of their projects. I need to think SPRING!
And sunshine, flowers, more sunshine, birds, and even more warm sunshine!!!! Did I mention I'm tired of being cold? Hmmmm. Anyway here is the first project for tonight. Doesn't this look like fun and spring all rolled into one?
All materials and images are SU! of course.
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes and On Your Birthday
CS: Green Galore and Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, and Only Orange
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Silver Mini Brads, Designer Label Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Sponge quarter, Bold Bright Button (retired), and last but definitely not least, the Rainbow Sherbet DSP.
This card really was designed around the Rainbow Sherbet paper. The colors looked like a party already, so I just added the birthday stamps to go along with it. These tri-fold cards are so much fun to make. Start with a 12x12 piece of cardstock cut at 4". Next score the strip at 4" and 8". Then just go on from there. It's fun using several different prints from the same package on a single card. SU! does such a great job designing colors and prints that work so nicely together. It's really not hard to make something fun when you have so many lovely papers, stamps and colors to work with. Hope you enjoy today's offering as much as I enjoyed making it.
Just a quick reminder for all my friends out there. Sale-a-bration is going on right now! Oh yes, you can get your free stamp set choice (or DSP, or Ribbon Combo) for each $50 you order in February and March. And for you Hostesses, when your workshop totals $300, you can choose one set free in addition to your regular hostess benefits. You just can't beat that deal. If you haven't booked a workshop yet, there's still time and I still have dates open! Don't miss out on this.
Happy stamping,
Sharon

No comments: