Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Are you craftier than a 5th grader?

As I hang my head in shame, I admit that I have fallen short. I might not even measure up to a first grader. Oh, woe is me! I guess I'd better tell you what happened. It all started out innocently enough yesterday afternoon. There I was, blog hopping from one place to another - going places I'd never even heard of before. Somehow I ended up on a Disney kids craft place. (Sorry, I don't have any idea what it was really called. I tried finding it again today and couldn't.) Anyway, they had these cute paper birds that you could make with your kids. Sounded like fun. And last night was club night, so I thought 'twould be fun to share with them so they could share with their little kiddies or grand-kiddies. That's when things started to go wrong. How could little kids make these if I (a fairly crafty adult if I do say so myself) was having problems?
If I was a child, I think I would have given up. But they really are darling, aren't they? And really, the only problem was the paperclip feet. My paperclips kept breaking. I didn't think that was supposed to happen, and blamed it on my super strength. But then that evening at club, all the ladies had trouble with them breaking too. Arrgh!! In the end, several finally were finished, but I really think they would be better made into a mobile. Wouldn't that be cute and springy?
The birds were all made with the Delicate Dots Designer paper which is free with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-bration until the end of March. If you'd like to get some paper to make your own flock of these cute little birdies, get in touch with me either through email, or my website. I'd be happy to order the paper and other goodies for you. I'll even throw in a template for you to make some birds of your own.
Even my cat Smokey had to check out the birds I was trying to photograph. He got right in the middle of it all, and was trying to make off with one of them. So I had to take a picture of my handsome fellow, didn't I?
Actually, the birds weren't the only thing we did last night. I've got the Big Shot Beautiful Butterflies Die and just love it. So we made a card using two of the four butterflies from the die. I really like the dimension you can get on a card by adding diecuts. This card was quick and easy, but I love the look - clean and sweet.
Materials used are all SU!
Stamps: Really Retro and Sprinkles
CS: Whisper White and Barely Banana
Ink: So Saffron and More Mustard
Accessories: Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die, Delicate Dots DSP, 2Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, So Saffron Grograin Ribbon (from SAB Ribbon Bundle), and Sponge quarter.
Hope you liked my offerings today. I'll be working on getting ready for an all day crop that I'll be demoing cards at on Saturday. But I'll try to sneak in time for another card idea for you. Have a great evening. Stay warm. And keep creating and having fun with your stamping.
Sharon

No comments: