Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday Punches

Blessings this Sunday afternoon. Let's get right down to stampin' business. I have a card to share with you that was one of the make & takes at my workshop on Friday night. I had just gotten an order in on Friday afternoon, but wanted something to share with my ladies that night using my new Sale-a-bration set, Polka Dot Punches, and the gorgeous new Delicate Dots Designer Series Paper that is also one of the freebies. I just love the colors and prints of this paper, so I had to come up with something quick. I used the color combo from the DSP as a guide to card colors. All images and materials by SU! of course.
Stamps: Polka Dot Punches (SAB)
CS: Sahara Sand, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and Barely Banana
Ink: So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and Sahara Sand Pads, Sahara Sand Marker
Accessories: Full Heart Punch (new), Delicate Dots DSP (SAB), Bashful Blue Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, and Dimensionals
This card went together very quickly because we're able to punch out the hearts, and can be used for any number of occassions.

Today I got out the same set and pretty much the same colors and made another card. The components of the card are quite similar just using a different stamp from the set and the co-ordinating punches for it. The DSP is even the same sheet I used last time, just turned it over. Here is the list of punches I used to go with the stamps: Scallop Circle, 1" Circle, 3/4" Circle, Word Window, and Large Oval.

I love how quick and easy it is to punch all the pieces of the card. Just layer them up and you're good to go. Hope these two cards gives you an idea for when you're strapped for time, but still need something home-made from the heart.
Hugs,
Sharon




No comments: