Saturday, February 21, 2009

How much is too much?

Yes, I'm in a quandry today. I started out wanting to use the SU! Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die. I thought I would make a card with some butterflies on it using Barely Banana cardstock. Then I thought it would be nice to have a swirly type of print on the butterflies. Ok, out came the Priceless set and the swirls were stamped with Certainly Celery ink on the butterflies. Then I was totally stumped. Nothing seemed to go along with the two butterflies.

My next thought was to just use the smaller butterfly and go with some flowers to give it a 'garden look'. After looking through all my stamps, I settled on the Petal Pizzazz set. The flowers seemed large enough to balance the butterfly.

My next choice was the colors to use for the flowers and leaves. For that I used the SU! color wheel. What would I ever do without that? It's been a life-saver for me so many times. If you don't have one, you don't know what a great tool you're missing out on. It told me that Certainly Celery, Garden Green, Cameo Coral, and Rose Red worked well with Barely Banana. OK.

There was alot of stamping and cutting out, moving pieces around, walking away and coming back to it. Whew! This has not been easy to design at all! I did have fun adding brads and dimension to the design. Can you see how awesome the corduroy brad is? I just love it and want to keep touching it. How funny! Anyway, I thought using one on each flower would be overkill, so only one flower got the cooool corduroy brad. Does that look weird? I really need some feedback here. Should I scrap the whole card and start over again? Add something? Take something off? Help!! Please!!!!
Anyway, at this point every part of the card is by SU!
Stamps: Petal Pizzazz, Priceless, Upsy Daisy (words)
CS: Certainly Celery, Garden Green, Barely Banana, Whisper White
Ink: Cameo Coral, Rose Red, Garden Green, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Soft Subtles Mini Brads, Wide Oval Punch, Summer Sun Corduroy Buttons & Brads, Sponge quarter, Dimensionals, Big Shot, SU! Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die

Oops, I think I just told a little lie - I forgot that I used a touch of Stickles on the butterfly. Sorry!

Ok now - please give me some input here. I want some honesty here. Please give me some feedback. Thanks.
Sharon

No comments: