Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Stamping Afternoon


Hello, hello. Hope you're having a nice afternoon. I really didn't want to go out today, but there were errands to run. You know how that goes. If you want to eat, you really need to get groceries every once in awhile.
So now that the neccessities have been taken care of, on to the fun part of my day. I really loved this Green Tea DSP from the previous SU! Catalog and have an amount left. (You notice I'm not saying how much is left.) Anyway, I needed a couple of cards, so I thought I'd get it out and use a little bit of it. Sometimes I feel the need for hoarding papers because I know I can't get them anymore. Wah!
All materials used are by SU!
Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks and Really Retro
CS: Baja Breeze, Old Olive, and Whisper White
Ink: Baja Breeze pad and Not Quite Navy and Old Olive markers
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Rectangle Punch, Word Window Punch, Old Olive Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, and Dimensionals
Have you used the 'Thumping Technique' yet? I really like the different effect it gives to solid stamps. First you ink with the lightest color, then use a darker marker(s) to lightly tap on the image to get a variation of colors. Next, huff on the stamp. The moist air you expel reactivates any ink that has dried in the process and gives you lovely results. You really should play with this technique again. It's fun and gives the image a fabulous new look.
The next card also used the Green Tea DSP, but a different print. I wanted a simple, elegant look for a wedding card and this monochromatic card seemed to fit the bill.
All materials by SU! unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes (love this set!!)
CS: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, and Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Crafters Tool Kit, Narrow Organdy Ribbon(retired), Dimensionals, and a White Shimmer Gelly Roll pen by Sakura.
I like how the piercing on both the Green Tea paper and the Not Quite Navy cardstock really dresses up the card. But it still looked like it was missing something. As I was rooting around through all my goodies, I found the Shimmer Gelly Roll pen.
I'd pretty much forgotten it was even there. But as you can see from the 2nd pic, it was just the subtle touch of bling I wanted to add. IRL it is just the softest touch of glimmer.
Now wouldn't you want to get these cards in the mail? I hope you enjoyed them and they spark an awesome creative idea for you!
Have a great day and happy stamping...
Sharon

No comments: