Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hey, I'm Back!

Boy, it's good to be back. I can't believe it's been so long since the last post. It has been really crazy though. The doctor told me I have pleurisy and that's why my ribs are hurting so bad. It won't clear up til I quit coughing. Riiiight. And then my hubby has been sick with the stomach flu the last couple of days, and it's hit him really hard. He so seldom gets sick, it's really something when he's totally down and out. But I think he's on the mend. He hasn't actually gotten sick (nice way of putting it :o) !) all day today, so I think there's hope for him yet.

This card I'm sharing with you today is from last Saturday. I spent the day with over 60 scrappers at an all-day crop at Guardian School. I was scheduled to do a make & take for the ladies to show them an idea for a quick card that you could expand on and use for a scrap page. I had just gotten my new Embosslits from SU! on Thursday, so of course we must use them! Isn't that how it works? I was tickled at how quick I could make cards with these two dies, and how elegant they looked. I was told that the ladies liked them too. So, on with the directions and 'ingredients' so you can make them too. :o)

All materials and stamps are by SU!
Stamps: Good Friend
CS: Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ink: Summer Sun, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, VersaMark, and Regal Rose Marker
Accessories: SU! BigShot, Little Leaves Sizzlit Die, Flower Burst Embosslit Die, Sponge Daubers, Snail Adhesive, and Dimensionals

I don't know if you can see the star-burst from the Good Friend set that was stamped on the background with the VersaMark Pad to give it more texture. And did you notice how nicely the detail of the embosslit shows up with just a smidge of color burnished on it? Easy, but oh so cool! Since Saturday, I've made about a dozen of these in different colors and for different occassions. Some in lavender made up beautifully into sympathy cards. Yes, I'm still having a run on those this year. I hope it quits, 'cuz I don't want to lose anymore friends!

Anyway, that's about it for today. Back to the laundry and getting ready for my workshop tomorrow night. I'm sure glad my hubby is feeling better, because the ladies are coming here for the workshop. Wouldn't it be horrible if he was still rolfing??? On that happy note, I'm outta here.
Happy stamping and stay well,
Sharon

No comments: