Monday, March 23, 2009

Sunshine and Easter Bunnies

Wow, another gorgeous day out there! Good heavens, what am I doing inside and down in the dungeon besides? I must need my head examined! On a day like this, you just need to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. Of course, you better bundle up, baby, because it's still pretty cold out there. After posting my Easter cards for today, I'm heading out to run some errands and get me some sunshine.

This first card is using the new Eight Great Greetings set from the Occasions Mini Catalog. Ordering doesn't start until April 1st, except for the 3 Easter sets and the Egg Hunt wheel. So this darling bunny can be yours now if you'd like to place your order.
All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Eight Great Greetings
Paper: Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Pretty In Pink, and Whisper White
Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Creamy Caramel, Bashful Blue, and assorted Soft Subtle colors for the eggs
Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, Aqua Painter, Mat Pack, White Gel Pen, Dimensionals, and Lt Blue Gingham Ribbon (retired)
Did you notice the cute punched corners on the Pretty in Pink layer? That's made with the Eyelet Border Punch. How cool is that? I had seen a card using similar colors and layout as this one http://stampupwithwendy.wordpress.com/2009/02/18/easter-wishes/made by Wendy Janson and really liked how crisp and clean this looked. Hope you enjoy this version.

This card also used the same bunny image from the Eight Great Greetings set. Can you tell that I think this is a very versatile and basic set to have on hand? Yes, I like it lots!! And I used the Eyelet Border Punch again. That's my new favorite accessory to play with!
All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Eight Great Greetings
Paper: Certainly Celery, Whisper White cardstock, and Delicate Dots DSP
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories, Colored pencils, Eyelet Border Punch, Celery Twill Ribbon (SAB)


You just can't get too much easier when it comes to card-making than this one. I used this for a make and take for my workshop last Friday night. There was a little 5 year old girl there that followed all the instructions to a 'T' and her card turned out just great. I figure if Alyssa can do this, then anybody can. Especially if you have several to make. You can whip them out in no time. Don't be like me though - I get them made and forget to mail them. Brighten someone's day.
Get them addressed and in the mail right away! Y'hear?

Have a sweet, sunshiny day! Get out and dust off those spring and Easter stamps, and start stamping!
Sharon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable changes, Sharon! The bunny is so cute and it works well turned on the side! Great job!