Monday, March 30, 2009

Hey, what's going on?

Finally I could get back on this site. I don't know what was going on with either the site or my computer, but I was unable to log on the last couple days! What a bummer! And to make matters worse, I've had a stamping block lately. Nothing has been coming together the way I see it in my mind. Then there was the dentist appointment today. :( Plus it snowed overnight! Just what else is going to happen? Help!! My world is out of whack!

Ok, I need to calm down now. It must be time for Pepsi and chocolate. Ahhhh, that's a little better now.... Nice and easy....
I wanted to share two versions of a card today and get your opinion. I was in an Occasions Mini Swap and this is the set I chose to use. The images and coloring is identical (if that's even possible when something is hand made!), but one has an extra layer of cardstock. That's the only difference between the two. One is a much more softer look and the other has a punch of Ruby Red from the cardstock layer. I'm trying to figure out which one I prefer - the softer or the bolder. Please let me know which you prefer.
All images are by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Scene is a Garden and Really Retro
Paper: Kraft, Baja Blue, Ruby Red (on one!), Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White
Ink: Basic Brown, Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Blue
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Word Window Punch, Sponge quarter, Silver Mini Brad, Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain, Dimensionals, and Distressing Tool.
I really enjoyed coloring the images. It's my favorite way to color. I just couldn't decide on the layering. The softer colors remind me more of spring. Let me know your opinion. It's always helpful to have some feedback when you're in a quandary.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy stamping,
Sharon

1 comment:

KellyL said...

Hello - beautiful cards, both. I plan on purchasing that set in April! I like the one with the red mat, though, the best. It brings out the watercolor red so well. Now, if you had not seen the one with the red, the first one would be lovely - you have done such a nice job on watercoloring!!! Thanks for sharing today (and asking for input). Happy Monday!