Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St Patty's Day

Are you wearing green and dancin' an Irish jig today? I guess I don't have enough Irish in me - actually not a drop at all! But for today, we're all Irish. The two projects I have for you today have some green on them. I didn't say a lot of green, just some. So I guess they're about as Irish as I am.

This is a card that was made awhile back. It uses the Wonderful Watercolors set that I just love working with. The images are so delicate and I get to pretend I really know how to watercolor!!
All images and materials are SU!
Stamps: Wonderful Watercolor and Fundamental Phrases
CS: Summer Sun, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip and Naturals White
Ink: Basic Brown and Garden Green
Accessories: Watercolr Wonder Crayons, Aqua Painter, Lace Edge Punch, Chocolate Taffeta Ribbon, Silver Mini Brads, and Sponge quarter

The card has an added strip of Garden Green attached to the inside edge of the card that really shows off the lacy look of the punched edge. And of course, the sponging really finishes the look of the card.


This next card is another one from the Regional last Saturday. It uses the Soft Summer set and an Embosslit and corduroy button. Aren't they a nice finishing touch for the card? Very cool!

Again all images and materials are by SU!

Stamps: Soft Summer

CS: Baja Breeze Textured CS, Kiwi Kiss, and Tangerine Tango Designer Patterns Paper

Ink: Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Single Flower Embosslits, Chocolate Chip Corduroy Button, Sanding Block, Paper Snips
The really fun part of making this was using the sanding block to sand over the raised edges of the embossed flower thereby exposing the white core of the cardstock. It was just like magic seeing it appear right before my eyes. I definitely have to do this technique again. Oh, it's so much fun doing something you've never done before! Yes, I know - it takes so very little to impress me! What can I say? I just guess I'm easy - at least when it comes to stamping, that is! he he he
Well, that's it for today. Back to the drawing board (uh, that would be stamping table for me). It's time to get cracking for the downline meeting this Thursday. I'm looking forward to seeing my friends. If you've ever thought about being a demonstrator, now would be a great time to do it. Just check out my website for information on how you do it and come join the fun!

Talk to you all soon.
Happy stamping,
Sharon

No comments: