Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm all shook up

Well, maybe not me particularily. But the card idea I have for you today sure fits the description. lol This lil' shaker card is a spring cutie. I'm so tired of the snow and cold that I've been pulling out all my Soft Subtles and Bold Brights lately. It's time to move on to the next season. Easter is one of my favorite holidays, and I love spring - the new beginnings and blossoming flowers. Yes, I confess - I'm a springaholic! There, I've admitted it. I love it and wanted to share something that would get you in the mood for spring too.


How's this as a little foray into spring? This is an easy shaker card. There are several ways to make these cards, but this is the quickest way I know how to put one together. The chick image is stamped on a 2" x 3" cardstock which slides inside one of our small flat cello bags. Then you add the beads and fold the cello bag closed. Add a layer to frame the shaker and that's about it. (Make sure you layer the frame with Dimensionals to give the shaker some extra space.) Can't be any easier than that, right? All images and materials by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: A Good Egg
CS: Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black Pad, Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal, and Certainly Celery Markers
Accessories: Big Shot, Bigz Top Note Die, Boho Blossoms Punch, Soft Subtles Mini Brads, Bashful Blue Narrow Grosgrain, Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Mini Glue Dots

I hope this has given you a small whiff of spring. I know it's not coming for awhile yet, but that doesn't stop me from dreaming. Think warmer weather, Easter bonnets, tulips and daffodils. Are you getting that spring feeling yet? Maybe we need to work on it a bit more. We'll see.....

Have a great day!
Sharon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute, Sharon! I've never tried making a shaker card with a little cello bag. Thanks for the tip!