Thursday, February 12, 2009

Catching up today

Hey there! Hope you're coping with this winter and all it entails - especially all the flu bug germs floating around out there. It seems like just about everyone I've talked to lately is either dealing with this nasty bug themselves, or someone in their family has it. Yikes! I think we're being overrun by the flu! Get out the disinfectant and start spraying and wiping everything down!! I think if we're diligent we might get the upperhand in this war and maybe even win. (if we're lucky!) So far we haven't had that bug here, but we're still waging war on bronchitis and an upper respiratory bug. Yep, those bugs are out there all over the place. Ya'all best be careful now, ya hear?
Even though the bugs are out there, life still goes on. This was class week in my neck of the woods. So that mean I get to share my class projects with you. This first project has two awesome techniques used to make a spectacular card. A super-simple technique - thumping was used on the lovely flower to get all those different tones on the petals. And the darling butterfly 'charm' was made using a faux metal technique. Doesn't it all look fabulous together? This card was originally made at a get-together with my 4th level upline Sue Berreth last convention. I was so impressed with it I had to share it with my ladies.
All images and materials are SU!
Stamps: Fabulous Flowers (retired), Baroque Motifs, and Dreams du Jour
CS: Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Regal Rose, and Whisper White
Ink: Rose Red, Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, VersaMark Pads and Rose Red Marker
Accessories: Heat Tool, Silver Embossing Powder, Paper Snips, Rose Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, Water Spritzer, and Dimensionals
If you haven't tried making the faux metal yet, you must give it a try! It's quick, alot easier than it looks, and is always impressive. Just use a small piece of cardstock inked completely with VersaMark, sprinkle on the embossing powder, and heat. Do this twice. The 3rd time, have your stamp inked up and ready, melt the powder so it's nice and smooth. Then quickly stamp onto the hot, melted powder. You'll get a nice impression that can be cut out and used just like a metal charm. Cool, isn't it?
Now on to an entirely different look, very clean lines and with a more masculine feel. Again all the images and materials are by SU!
Stamps: Puns From the Past
CS: Going Gray, Glossy White, and Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Pewter Jumbo Eyelet, Crop-a-dile, Black Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Curly Label Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, Small Corner Rounder Punch, Dimensionals, and the most important part of the card - the Ghostly Greetings DSP (retired)
Doesn't the striped paper just make this card? I love it! And I wish I had lots more of it! As it was I had to beg a sheet of it from my friend Jan Tink. Luckily she likes to hoard these lovely papers like I do. You just never know when you're going to need just one more sheet of some design. And my hubby thinks I have too much paper! I haven't got him convinced yet that you can never have too much stuff!
Well folks, I think that's all the catching up I'm doing today. I've got to get crackin'. I have a workshop Friday night (yahoo!!) and it still needs to be planned out. Oh, I guess that means I'll have more goodies to share with you this weekend! Lucky you!
See you soon,
Sharon

No comments: