Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hey there!

Anybody out there? Feels like I'm all alone out here and I need to know someone else really is out there. Is everybody hibernating this winter, or is it just me??? Hmmm, what can I do to get someone to wake up and play with me? Dance around my work table in my jammies? Uh, no, I don't think you'd really want to see that. Especially if you're like me and tend to eat lunch at your computer. How off-putting (not to mention stomach-turning) that would be. Ok, instead I'll just show you some cards I've been working on.
I was stamping at Jan Tink's house yesterday. Unfortunately I wasn't such good company cuz I was so tired, but I did manage to start 3 projects. Yes, only started them. I really wasn't funtioning too well yesterday. Sorry Jan! Not good company and not creative either. It's so humbling to see someone else making a gorgeous card and I was fumbling around trying to work at all. I think it turned out fine after I worked on it last night.
All stamps and materials by Stampin'Up!
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes
CS: Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, and Chocolate Chip
with Sweet Always DSP
Ink: Basic Black Pad, Creamy Caramel, Going Gray, and Ruby Red Markers
Accessories: White Gel Pen, 1" Double-stitched Chocolate Grosgrain, Photo Corner Punch, Crafters Tool Kit, and a staple
Jan showed me how you can color a layer of the white gel pen, let it dry, then color over it with a marker to get a much softer color. Yummy! I loved how the cake-plate looks much brighter than just using the Going Gray marker by itself. And the white gel pen swirled on the cupcakes looks just like frosting. Thanks for the tip Jan!
Now on to my next treasure. I mentioned the other day how much I liked the Wonderful Watercolor stamp set. Well, as you can see, I'm still playing with it. This time I paired it with the new Texturz Plates in the new Catalog. This one is very similar to a background stamp SU! carried a couple years ago. It's nice to have it back in another form.
All stamps and materials from Stampin'Up!
Stamps: Wonderful Watercolors
CS: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Brown, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, Soft Subtles Mini Brads, Ticket Corner Punch, Big Shot and Stampin'Up! Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates
Don't you love the soft texture you get from this? I wanted to make sure you could see how pretty it is for a background on a card. This will be a mainstay in the future for me for sure!
Well, I hope these offerings have sparked your imagination and warmed your heart. Ok, now rev up those stamps and let the stamping begin!
Hugs and Happy Stamping,
Sharon

1 comment:

Diane Noble said...

These are both just gorgeous! And love the birthday fold out card in the previous post. Your work is fabulous! I'll be back!

Thanks for your very gracious comments. I'm honored by your words. Thanks!