Saturday, January 31, 2009

Wonderful, Wonderful

Oh yes, I really think this new stamp set, Wonderful Watercolors, really is wonderful. I was playing around a little bit with this set today, and so far I think I like it tremendously. Uh, that's not too mushy, is it? This set is double-mounted with several different stems and flowers and words to round it all out. If you like 2-step stamps, or you like very easy watercoloring, then this stamp set needs to be on your wishlist. It's very versatile with the pretty flowers fitting a multitude of occasions. Ok, lets just jump in and check out this lovely stamp set...
I
Isn't it pretty? I only used the detail image from this stamp, not the more solid image. I wanted to do the coloring myself instead of stamping it in. Don't you just love how airy and delicate the bunch of flowers look? Just love it! Oops, I seem to be getting just a teensy bit carried away. Sorry
All stamps and materials by SU!
Stamps: Wonderful Watercolors, On Your Birthday, and Tres Chic
CS: Cameo Coral, Old Olive, and Chocolate Chip
Ink: Basic Brown, Cameo Coral, and Old Olive
Accessories: AquaPainter, Earth Elements Mini Brads, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, and a Sponge quarter for softening the edges with ink.
Here's a more detailed image of the flowers. The main trick with this is to have varying degrees of intensity on the ink color so the flowers don't look like a flat bunch. When you load ink onto your AquaPainter, decide which flowers you want to have more color and paint one or two of them first. Keep painting without reloading your brush with ink til you have very pale flowers. Then reload your brush with ink and start the process over again. It's a very simple process, but very important to give the flowers some variety and pizzazz.
Why don't you give this technique a try and let me know how it goes. Hope to hear from you.
Happy stamping and think Spring!!
Sharon

No comments: