Saturday, January 17, 2009

Boy, was I ever wrong!!

Way back in the beginning of January, I said the weather had been kind of nice. Yuck! With all the snow we're getting and the single-digit temperatures, I've got to learn to keep my mouth shut. It's just waaaaay too cold outside to even consider going out, but sometimes you just have to brave the cold and get out there. After going out for groceries, it seemed to take forever just to get warm again. Today was a stay at home day because I didn't want to brave the arctic weather just to mail a package - sorry Vera and Connie. You'll have to wait a little longer. Sorry! I'm not sure if you can tell in the second picture, (which is our home) but the snow is coming down

fast and furious out there. The first picture is the house across the street. Did you notice the snow on the shrubs in front of the house? Oh yeah, that's definitely snow-covered!
Our front porch is about 12" high and the snow is getting close to even with it. If I still skied, this would be the super skiing weather we prayed for - fresh powder. Brrrrrrr. I'm getting cold again just looking at the pictures.
Ok, enough of that! The card idea I wanted to share with you today is the one I made for my downline swap. The theme was spring, and I always think of new buds on the trees and little birds singing in the trees. This card is my version

of spring. Can you almost hear the birds twittering away?
I had lots of the outer frames from my chipboard scallop frames, so I thought this would be the perfect use for them. The frames were sponged with the Cameo Coral Craft ink and set aside to dry overnight. Since I had the new Sweetest Stem Embosslit, it just begged to be used for the card. I liked how it gave the card added texture and dimension without alot of bulk or weight.
All stamps and materials by SU!
Stamps: Spring Song, Sanded
CS: Confetti White, Apricot Appeal, Kiwi Kiss
Ink: Basic Black, Apricot Appeal, Cameo Coral (sponging)
Accessories: Big Shot and Sweetest Stem Embosslit, Aqua Painter, Watercolor Wonder Crayons - Earth Elements, Kiwi Kiss Striped Grosgrain, Wide Oval Punch, Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive, and Chipboard
I hope you enjoyed the idea and it inspires you to "Think Spring!"
Have a cozy, warm evening...
Sharon

No comments: