Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Hope you had fun last night ringing in the new year. And I pray that it will be better than last year! My hubby and I had a quiet evening last night. We talked to a few people, watched a movie, played some computer games, and watched the ball drop in Times Square. Then toddled off to bed for a good night's sleep. Yes, we're getting old and boring. Ha, what am I saying? We already are old and boring. Oh well, that just means I had more time to create and stamp today! Isn't that a great way to start off the new year?

But first, I need to show you the last of the shoebox swap cards. I took pictures, then couldn't find them. Oh my... here we go again misplacing stuff. But how do you misplace something that's in a folder on your computer??? It seems that if it can be done, I'll do it! So I snapped a couple more pics and got to work posting them for you.

This first one was designed by Amy Braunscheidel. She always has very nice swap ideas. Isn't this one pretty? Of course, I like anything that uses the Bella Rose DSP. But it's simple too. Great idea when you're in a hurry.
Materials and stamps all by SU!
Stamps: Priceless and Cute & Curly Punch Set
CS: Riding Hood Red, Pirouette Pink, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, and Bella Rose DSP
Ink: Pirouette Pink, Riding Hood Red
Accessories: 1 3/8" Square Punch and Riding Hood Red 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon



The 2nd card of the group was designed by Beth O'Hagan who is a cross-line of mine. I'm so lucky that Beth is part of our group because she's always ready to go the extra mile to help me out. What more could I ask for??? Don't you love all the patterns on this card? They're all from the Urban Garden DSP, and they work together so nicely. Just love it!
All materials and stamps by SU!
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes
CS: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, and Urban Garden DSP
Ink: Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Scallop Square Punch, 1 3/8" Square Punch, Crafters Tool Kit, and Baja Breeze 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon

The last card of the group is this one designed by Kendra Diserens. Again the DSP was used to really dress up a lovely design. Plus if you look close, you'll see several extra goodies to make this card extra special.
All stamps and materials by SU! unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes
CS: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White, and Kiwi Kiss DSP
Ink: Basic Black with Close to Cocoa and Rose Romance Markers
Accessories: Scallop Border Punch, Large Oval Punch, NEW! Heart to Heart Punch and non SU! White Liquid Applique
So, what do you think? Aren't they all really nice cards? I think all of them would make nice class projects for you.
Hope you enjoyed the ideas. I'll be back with more creations soon. I've spent all day stamping and layering and coloring, using the Love You Much Bundle today. The stamp set is fresh and fun to stamp with. And the papeer is as yummy as it's name - Candy Lane. Doncha love it??
Talk to you soon!
Stay happy and healthy this year. And be the best that you can be. If you always do your best, you'll never be disappointed in yourself.
Sharon

No comments: