Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cold Hands, Warm Hearts

Brrrrrr! Baby it's soooo cold outside! And that means it's very cold down in the dungeon too!! It's so hard to stamp, or even think to plan a card, with blue fingers and a drippy nose. It's just one of those things that happen when I get cold. I think my nose is numb so it forgets not to drip. (Or something dorkey like that...)

Anyway, enough of the whining. If I think happy thoughts it should warm my heart, right? And with classes this week, we've got plenty of hearts! Two of the cards for this month's classes use the brand new Love You Much stamp set from SU! And the gorgeous new Candy Lane Designer Series Paper. Yummy!! They're in the new Spring and Summer 2009 Catalog and Idea Book the just came yesterday!!!! Oh there's so many new goodies in there! Maybe that's why I'm shivering - it's from stamping excitement! You just have to get one of these books in your hands. It's really cool (groan). If you'd like one of the catalogs, just contact me and I can make that happen for you!
OK, back to the cards from class. The 2 I'm showing you today are both Valentine card possibilities, but they don't have to be used for Valentine's day. They could just be fun 'thinking of you' cards. Doncha love having these options available??
All materials and stamps by SU!
Stamps: Love You Much set
CS: Close To Cocoa, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink scrap for the flower, and Candy Lane DSP (love it!)
Ink: Basic Brown pad and Pretty In Pink Marker
Accessories: Trio Flower Punch, Pink Gingham Ribbon (retiring), Bold Brights Mini Brad, Button Bouquet button, Mini Glue Dot, Dimensionals.
Now for the 2nd card, again it's a wannabe Valentine, but that's up to you. I love the look of tumbling hearts (or whatever) angled across the front of a card. And with our new Heart to Heart Punch it's so easy because there's no cutting! Just punch a few colors and you're done! I liked the addition of the snip-it of the Candy Lane Designer Series Paper giving just a little more color and pattern to the card too.
All stamps and materials by SU!
Stamps: Love You Much and Bella Toile background stamp
CS: Kraft, Riding Hood Red, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla, and Candy Lane DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Heart to Heart Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Fire Rhinestone Brad (pink mini), Silver Mini Brads, and Dimensionals.
This card is so quick because there's no coloring in, just stamp and punch. Yet I think it looks cute as all get out when it's done. Wouldn't you like to get one of these in the mail? Or better yet, wouldn't you like to sign up for classes with me and make cute cards like these yourself?? Please contact me if you have any questions about my projects. I'd love to hear your comments.
Warm hearted hugs,
Sharon

No comments: