Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mixed Bunch CASE and Life

(This post was actually started 11 days ago for posting, but life got in the way. First I got sick with this horrible sinus infection that's going around here. Then my daughter came down with the flu which precipitated her early labor and the baby came almost 2 weeks early. Yah - he's a darling little boy!! That meant we had our grandson living with us for 4 days and nights. Mama and baby are doing well, and I'm still dealing with the sinus infection. Hope I get my energy back soon. But that brings you up to today, and my post that was started on February 27th...)

Last Friday I was getting ready for a workshop on Sunday afternoon and was totally stumped on my last project. How great it is to have demonstrator friends that just happen to call when you're stuck. My friend, Ruth Snyder, called when I was starting to go crazy and she pointed me to a post on Stampin' Connection by Becky Roberts for a great idea. So that's what I'm sharing with you now! The ladies liked the idea and I thought it was really cool too! Thanks so much Becky and Ruth for getting me out of my slump! Here's what I ended up demonstrating on Sunday....


Stamps: Mixed Bunch and Loving Thoughts
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Pear Pizzazz, and Whisper White along with Twitterpated Designer Series Paper
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Big Shot with Finial Press Embossing Folder, Blossom Punch, Bird Builder Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Brights Buttons, Marina Mist Bakers Twine, Ice Rhinestone Brads, Paper Snips, Mini Glue Dots, and Dimensionals



I'd gotten the card made all except for the button accent in the flower center. Wasn't sure what to do, because it was so boring without anything there. But all the brads and stamped accents I tried I didn't like. After sleeping on the idea overnight, I woke up with this idea for the flower center. All of a sudden the card brightened right up and is perfect.


And isn't the punched embossed look quite interesting? It gives the background some texture, but not all over so it's more subtle. I'll have to try this again sometime soon. So pretty...


Hope you like this idea. I'm so sorry for the delay in getting it posted in a timely fashion. Hopefully now things will get back into some semblance of order. Well, I can wish, can't I?
Sharon

No comments: