Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dotty Floral Card

You never know just where you're going to find inspiration for a card, but one good place to start is always our Stampin' Up! magazine - 'Stampin' Success'. It's a magazine just for us demonstrators to get information and ideas. And one of their card ideas in the January 2012 issue was perfect for me. Of course, I had to make a tweak or two, but the layout and color combo is directly from the magazine. Here's my take on their idea...

Stamps: Bordering on Romance, and Short & Sweet
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Pear Pizzazz, and Naturals White with Mocha Morning Designer Paper
Ink: Soft Suede and Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: Big Shot with Adorning Accents Edgelit Die, Adorning Accents Embossing Folder, Little Leaves Sizzlit Die, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, 5-Petal Flower Punch, Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Ribbon, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, Fire Round Rhinestones, and Dimensionals

This card uses the coordinating stamp set and Edgelit set. Then added in the embossing folder that goes with it too! It's so fun to see how SU! plans out their products to all work together so nicely! When I was packing the materials to make this at a workshop, I realized how many of my 'toys' I was taking along with me. But each and every one of the items really went together to make an awesome card. If you're a demo I'm sure this looks familiar to you, but it's fun to put your own twist on something one of the pros made.

And one of the ingredients that I haven't mentioned but is very important here, is the Mocha Morning DSP. There are some lovely prints (even a flocked one!!) that make any project special. I've got to make sure to use it again soon.

Thanks for taking time out to visit. Hope you stop in again soon! Happy stamping - Sharon

No comments: