Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Dig You card

Yes, I know it's the day after Valentine's Day, but I just couldn't get a decent picture of this card yesterday and I just gave up trying. So you get it a day late instead. So sorry about that, but you should know by now that I do everything at the last minute - or even later sometimes! I'd planned to make my little grandson a valentine, but was stuck on an idea. He's just lately gotten into "Bob the Builder", so Monday night I had an idea and quickly made up the card. Then no matter how I took a picture, the little stamped loader didn't look right. But anyway, here it is. Hope you like the idea and maybe try it out yourself for your favorite little guy!

Stamps: I Dig You
Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red, Melon Mambo, and Brilliant Blue(retired)
Ink: Real Red and Brilliant Blue(retired)
Accessories: Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, and Dimensionals

I wanted to use bright colors for his card, so pulled out some of my retired Brilliant Blue cardstock and ink. Since I wasn't planning on lots of layers, I didn't want the loader to be too dark so it was off-stamped before stamping on the white cardstock. This is where I ran into a problem- it just doesn't show up as bright in the pictures as in reality. Here it looks so washed out and almost not even there, but that's not the way it really is. Trust me on that!

It was fun punching all those hearts and layering them up to look like they were being scooped up, tumbled, or pushed by the loader. He thought it was fun and kept pointing at it. And what more could a grandma possibly want?

Hope you're having a great week. I'll be done with classes tomorrow and get back in the swing of things again. Have fun! Sharon

No comments: