Monday, February 13, 2012

Fresh Take on Mixed Bunch

Ok, it's been awhile again. I can't seem to get in gear and stay that way for very long. Last week the ladies were stamping at church and this week is classes again. Where does the time go? Seems like it was just class week a little bit ago, not a whole month back. Ah well, no time to complain about my tardiness here. Instead, let's get on with the sharing before I fizzle out tonight! Today's card is using the new stamp set and punch combo from the Occasions Mini Catalog. I thought it was time to get some ink on it and see what it can do. Here's the first run with it...

Stamps: Mixed Bunch, You're A Gem, and En Francais

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, and Lucky Limeade with Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper (SAB)

Ink: Soft Suede, Calypso Coral

Accessories: Blossom Punch, 5 Petal Punch, 3/4" Circle and 1" Circle Punches, Everyday Enchantment Ribbon and Brad Pack (SAB), Sponge Dauber, Basic Rhinestones,



My thoughts on this card were to use the new Ribbon and Brads I had just gotten free during Sale-a-bration. I'd been using the wonderful Everyday Enchantment DSP on everything and anything lately, so it was time to get out the ribbon and brads and put them to use too. I liked how the Blushing Bride cardstock coordinated with the colors of the DSP. I'd tried different colors for that layer, but this one really blended nicely and gave a more mellow look to the overall card.


Instead of using an embossing folder for the main layer like I've been doing so often lately, I got out a background stamp to give it some interest. I off-stamped the Soft Suede ink on it to keep it soft and sponged the edges of everything but the punched flower and leaves. Maybe those should have been sponged too. The jury's still out on that one. If you have any comments they would be greatly appreciated.


Thanks for stopping in. And a early Happy Valentine's Day to you! Just a little over 4 more hours to go to the big day. Hope you are well loved - not just on Valentine's Day, but every day! Hugs, Sharon

No comments: