Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day to You

Hope your loved ones are showering you with love today! And I'll send along my hugs too! Just think of this as my Valentine to You!! Today's card was inspired by one I saw on Tory Bray's blog here. She has some fun ideas that she shares. The inspiration comes from a class she's having. Of course, I tweaked it to make it my own as usual. Hope you luv it!

Stamps: PS I Love You

Cardstock: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, and Rose Red

Ink: Rose Red Pad and Rose Red and Early Espresso Markers

Accessories: Big Shot with Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies and Adorning Accents Embossing Folders, Full Heart Punch, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Blushing Bride Smooch Spritz, Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details, and Dimensionals



This little card seems to have just a little bit of a lot of little things on it, and it all adds up to a pretty punch! I'll admit I was a little intimidated about using the coordinating Adorning Accents die and embossing folder together, but they are so simple to use and look wonderful!! What was I so worried about??


Have you heard about coloring directly onto your stamp using the Smooch Spritz? Well, that's just what I did on the heart of hearts. Just a pretty shimmery look altogether! And then I added a bit of the new Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details on just one of the hearts to give it a little more glitz. Oooh, more shimmer!


I am a bit frustrated about how the different types of ink tended to look so off with this picture! IRL the marker on the chocolate-dipped strawberry and the cupid look the same. Funny how the camera makes thing look so different. All in all, I thought the card turned out really cute and I'll be passing it on to my daughter this afternoon. And just for my hubby - please be mine!! Hugs, Sharon

No comments: