Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Soft Vintage Look

It's been a little crazy around here with our grandson being miserable with a cold and doing some teething on top of that. Whew, keeps us hopping for sure! So that means I've got just a little time to get something posted today while he's napping. Hope I can get this finished before he wakes up. Today's post has a vintage look to it, using lots of stamp layering and tone-on-tone. Hope you like it.


Stamps: Elementary Elegance, Vintage Vogue, and En Francais

Cardstock: Early Espresso, Blushing Bride

Ink: Blushing Bride and Early Espresso

Accessories: Curly Label Punch, Vanilla 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Everyday Enchantment Ribbon and Brad set (SAB), Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, Basic Pearls, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals



I love all the layering of stamps for the background. Even through there's lots of stamping, it's still very soft looking because of the colors used.

Why is it that after I'm done making a card and I like the looks of it, when I take a picture and see it on the computer screen there's always something I think I should have done differently! This is getting so frustrating!! I might just take it all apart and add a layer of Very Vanilla cardstock to it. There is already a layer of it inside the card, so it would continue the look and maybe give the card a shot of brightness too. Just thinking here...


Oops, I here him already. That nap sure didn't last very long. Maybe he'll go back to sleep. Yeah, right! Have a great day. And try not to catch any of those cold bugs that are making the rounds in this neck of the woods. Sharon

No comments: