Sunday, July 31, 2011

Last Christmas in July

Yes, I have just enough time to squeak in one more Christmas idea for you before the end of the month. This is another one we'll be making on Tuesday to send to "From Our Hearts" for our soldiers. I love the simplicity of this card and it's one I will probably make more of to send myself. Hope you like it too.


Stamps: Bells and Boughs, and (retired Hostess set) Peaceful Season

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke

Ink: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, and Crumb Cake

Accessories: Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals




The bold Merry Christmas stamp from the Grateful Greetings stamp set also works very nicely with this card. I've made it both ways for the ladies to work on and I'm really not sure which one I prefer. The sponging with Crumb Cake gives the card more of a vintage feel to it that I like. The corner piercing opposite the Cherry Cobbler ribbon work nicely to give the card some extra interest too.


Like I said, it's a very simple card, but I think that makes it look more elegant. And that's good for a card with not a lot of doo-dads and ribbons to make it stand out. And just think how quick this card can be put together when you're doing lots of multiples!


Thanks for stopping in today. Hope you're enjoying your Sunday evening and getting geared up for the week ahead.

Happy stamping - Sharon

No comments: