Thursday, July 21, 2011

Another CASED card

I think I've mentioned the fact that I've been struggling to get some inspiration lately. That hasn't changed yet. So instead of doing nothing with my stamps, I've been doing a little CASEing with a tiny twist of my own added. Today's post is inspired by Kristen Kortonick who posted a lovely card on Stampin' Connection here (not sure if this will work!). Her card is so lovely and soft looking that I fell in love with the total look. But I didn't have enough of the DSP print that she used, so I adjusted the layering to use what I had. Also changed up the yellow used to be a softer look. Here's what I came up with...


Stamps: Fabulous Florets and Happy Greetings

Cardstock: So Saffron, Pacific Point, and Whisper White with Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper

Ink: So Saffron and Pacific Point

Accessories: Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, Subtles Mini Brads, Dimensionals, and a retired So Saffron Ribbon





Here's the inside of the card. I can't begin to tell you where the sentiment came from as it's an unmounted stamp I purchased years ago. The font and the words seemed to fit nicely with the card, so why not use it.


With the change in the color of the cardstock and ink, and DSP print, the whole card seems to have a bolder look to it. It wasn't my goal, but now that it's finished I really like how it came together. Who knows, if I keep up this CASEing and changing, maybe my mojo will creep back in with a vengeance and I'll be staying up all night stamping again!! Well, that was fun. Let's see what else I can find to stamp.....

Sharon

No comments: