Friday, July 29, 2011

Christmas in July

This past week I've been working on getting cardstock cut and designs finalized for next Tuesday when we get together to make cards for the soldiers. The deadlines are starting to loom ahead, so this week I've been only planning Christmas cards. The one I'm sharing with you today has all current stamps and cardstock, but the ribbon used is a retired one that I've had on hand for awhile. Since we'll be making 50 of this one card, I needed to cut expenses back just a little by using a retired ribbon. There are so many possibilities of ribbon that would work with this card. Just use your imagination and choose something like the new 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon in Cherry Cobbler. Wouldn't that look great? Unfortunately I don't have mine just yet, so I'm going with what I have available.

Stamps: Season of Joy and Christmas Wishes

Cardstock: Whisper White, Garden Green, and Real Red

Ink: Garden Green and Real Red

Accessories: Paper Snips, Dimensionals, and retired Polka Dot Ribbon in Real Red



Because of the numbers of cards we make in one evening, I have to cut back on the layers used and/or the amount of cutting required. I had seen a card with 2 of these cut out trees that I really liked, but time-wise it wouldn't have been a good idea for us.


So here's one of the cards we'll be making next Tuesday. Very traditional colors and style. Hope there are some service personnel that think this card is just right to send home to their family! I'll have another Christmas card to share with you tomorrow. Actually now is the best time to get going on planning and making your Christmas cards instead of waiting til 2 weeks before Christmas like I usually do! Maybe this year I'll get them made and sent out a bit sooner than normal. Then again, maybe not - I wouldn't want to shock anybody too much!


Thanks for spending some time with me today. I look forward to reading your comments, so don't be shy. Come again soon ya'll.

Sharon

No comments: