Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pennant Birthday

Ok, I've become totally hooked on the new Just Add Cake Designer Series Papers. The colors are bright (but not too bright), and very festive. Just right for those birthday cards that can't be too frilly, but not too babyish either. I think it's just right. So, that means I've been busy making cards using these papers. Here's one to share with you today...

Stamps: Pennant Parade, and Bring on the Cake

Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, and Baja Breeze with Just Add Cake Designer Series Paper

Ink: Early Espresso pad and marker

Accessories: Petite Pennants Builder Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, and Dimensionals

The choice of colors for the card came directly from the Designer Paper. You can't go wrong when you use the colors Stampin'Up! has already put together for you! I must admit I changed the yellow from So Saffron to Daffodil Delight. I liked a bigger punch of yellow on the card. Either way works depending on the look you like.

The most fun making this card was making the pennants! With the stamp and punch combo, they come together in a snap. Way cool! I'm sure I'll be making more of this type of card in the future. It's just too fun not to make again!!

One little pointer I learned with this card, stamp the pennants inside the card before using the marker to 'hang' them. On this card I added the line first and then stamped. Not pretty. The left one isn't exactly attached to the line - bummer! But the next one turned out just fine. I guess practice makes perfect, or at least better!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by to see what I've been doing. Get out those stamps and have yourself some fun!

Sharon

No comments: